Saturday, August 9, 2008

When life gives you fauna, what do you do?


Well thanks to my Humblebeads niece Heather, I've been making
molds for clay. And that's about as far as I have gotten. I'm gonna
do something more than make molds, but I either have to wait till
the cruise in March for her to show me how to add special finishing
techniques or I'm gonna have to experiment on my own.
Hmmmm....that's a tough one.
I have been rolling ideas for Christmas gifts around in my head.
Kind of making a list, I know, WHAT DO YOU MEAN CHRISTMAS?
But if we don't get started now, it will be here before we know it.
I have stuffies to make for the kids, and ideas for other things that
I can't mention. I make my own Christmas cards, I love to stamp
and emboss, not to mention embellishing. That takes a bit of time
to say the least. Geary actually helps with the cards, its kind of fun
to have him help with stuff...
Today Geary and I went together and picked another 15 pounds
of blueberries. I just can't get enough of them and they are still
so abundant! I picked some for my mom and froze some.
Left some for us to eat when we wanted. I see blueberry pancakes
in my future. And this is Blueberry Festival weekend in South Haven.
Tomorrow the Aunts and I are walking the craft show. The weather
has been totally perfect. Speaking of weather, we had waterspouts
off the lake Thursday. Really pretty cool. I saw the tail end of the
funnel rising up in the air. I probably should have been a little
more cautious, but we always go look to see whats coming instead
of seaking shelter. One of these days we'll get caught being stupid.
I can say we don't stand outside during a thunderstorm anymore..
dah!
Last night we celebrated my Uncle Rick's daughter's wedding. How
sweet it was...a little out of the ordinary. I can finally say I went to
a wedding where the Groom and the Best Man wore camo.
The Grooms cake was decorated in camo frosting. Jenny's garter
was camo elastic, but thank goodness she wore a beautiful gown.
They didn't go on a Honeymoon right away, as goose hunting
opens on Monday. Yee Haw!
But really, we had a great time with all the relatives being there.
Lately that seems to be the only time we all get together. And of
course I forgot my camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment