Sunday, July 13, 2008

I survived VBE

Last week I had the privilege of doing the crafts for kids at
Vacation Bible School. It was 5 days for three hours in
the morning, fast, furious and fun. But I sure was dragging
my butt when I got home. I picked the projects for each,
but it had to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. We
only had 15 minutes to start and complete each one. I
didn't think it could be done as it takes me that long just to
get it explained, or so I thought. Here are the projects we did:

Don't pay any attention to the spelling on the frame, obviously
I didn't... OOPS!! We made paper beads one day and the kids all
made necklaces out of them.
A mini project I stuck in was suggested by the program. Its a group
mural, showing an artistic expression of what it means to share.
Each artist(child) painted on a brush stroke of paint to add to the
creation. The finished artwork is an example of how each person's
contribution to the world makes the whole so much better. Sharing
being the theme of the day. Draped over it is a vine made of the
paper beads. Each child signed the painting.

The last of VBE was done in church today when the kids all preformed
the songs they (we) learned. That's only about a third of the
children doing the singing. But I was so proud of them and I'm even
thinking I might do it again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun. Did you sing with them? LOL

    lOVE MOM XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cause I learned all the words too. Now I can't hardly get them out of my head!!!

    ReplyDelete