Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ode to Joy Revisited


Finally, I finished my July page! This is another version of a needlefelted sample that I did a couple of years ago. Funny thing is, as I look at her I realized she changed about as much as I had! Hips are fuller, arms a little larger, no waist! But the embellishments inside her are as rich and precious as my life. The focal bead (face) is from Melanie at Earthenwood Studios. I used my favorite seedbead colors, pearls and a couple of crystals. The flowers were from a bead store in Tennessee that I got years ago. I added the purple heart as an after thought. Most of July was spent having tests done on my heart. It was a wake up call for sure. Thank you everyone for your prayers. I got all good news back.
Now I'm looking for a special button that I put somewhere so I wouldn't forget where it was. I'm going to use it on my August page. Notice the key words "wouldn't forget"...(big sigh)....



10 comments:

  1. How wonderful she is - so full of energy and rich with color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Wondered how you were going to top June's piece . . .


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes my heart sing to see the creativity grow with each bead embroidery piece. You have difinitily found your nitch! I have the orginal Ode to Joy sitting on my desk! She is even more beautiful in beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely and so are you! Thrilling and touching to see your earlier felted piece next to the current beaded piece! I'm so happy that your heart news was good.

    Btw, I'm a big fan of Melanie's porcelain faces... They have so much expression and are available in a wonderful range of colors. Blessings, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very artsy with all those colors and design! Glad your heart is well, Lillian :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your wonderful comments!

    Rosanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice. She seems happy. I liked seeing the felted one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just found your blog & wow! This piece is delightful, I love that you have used the same theme as your felted piece, she is such a happy Goddess..

    Congrats albeit a little tardy, on the positive outcome of your heart tests. I had a stress test done last week & likewise got positive feedback, so I share your relief at that.

    ReplyDelete