Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August BJP and MI Fiber Festival


This is the beginning of my August page. I wanted to keep track of it a little more than the last ones I had done. My inspiration for this month is my love of primitive art work and crafts. Especially rug hooking, penny rugs, and ornies. I love to do punchneedle too. This is also the month for MI Fiber Festival. So in keeping with that theme (and I found my button!) I started on my page for August. I have some really primitive colors in seedbeads that I'm going to use.
I can see that pictures aren't going to do it justice. At least from the way it looks now, almost too dark. I got the button from a vendor at last year's festival. I have to keep telling myself that primitive is not perfect!




This is the week I've been waiting for! MI Fiber Festival! Tomorrow starts the first day of all the workshops and classes. I decided I wanted to learn how to acid dye fibers and mix my own colors. Susan Saunders is teaching the all day class. I can hardly wait. The car is packed with my supplies I need. I keep double checking the time to be there. Oh silly me (this is a confession that I should probably keep to myself :{ ). Last year I was so excited about the class I was going to take. Primitive Rug Hooking with Linda Harwood, that I went a day early. I didn't figure it out till someone asked me if I needed help finding my class. And when I told them which one, they politely told me that it wasn't until the next day...dah! I only got up at an hour in the morning that I'm not used to, but I drove for an HOUR to get there. And the worse part was I had to come home and explain to Geary why I was back so early. How embarrassing, but I had the best time and met a great person (and now a friend) named Kim. And I learned how to hook rugs! Of course I haven't finished it totally.

1 comment:

  1. I really like seeing the beginning of your August page. Have fun at Fiber Fest and enjoy your class. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete