Friday, July 20, 2007

YUMMO!!!




This I believe this is one of the highlights of the summer in Southwestern Michigan. When the blueberries come into season! This year they arrived two weeks early and haven't stopped yet. I have fond (NOT) memories of Ruby taking all us neighborhood kids to DeGrandChamps to pick our spending money for the summer. Most of the time I think we ate more than we ever put in our buckets. Now I just go to True Blue Farms and buy my berries. What Bailey (my dog) and I don't eat, gets put in containers and frozen for eating this winter. Its like eating little frozen fruit pops! MMM....Anyway blueberries are a big deal here. We have a big blueberry festival with a craft fair, and all kinds of fun stuff to do for a week. I don't know Bailey, do you think we have enough to last us? Maybe we'd better get more before they're gone.

2 comments:

  1. Hungry for blueberries and homesick. That is good combination!! Great job on the picture taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the things that mean Michigan in summer. Don't you love it!

    Summer for me is the fresh corn on the cob!! I can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete